Application Process (for Prospective Graduate Students)
The deadline for applications for Fall 2017 admission is February 1st, 2017.
The graduate application for admission, the graduate application fee, the GRE scores, TOEFL scores and IELTS scores should all be submitted with the University of Kansas Graduate School application. The Graduate School will no longer accepts paper applications. All application materials that cannot be submitted online should be sent to the Graduate Director, University of Kansas Department of Religious Studies, 1300 Oread Ave., 109 Smith Hall, Lawrence, KS 66045-7615.
Graduate Check Sheet (PDF): Use this form to track your progress during the application process.
Letter of Recommendation form (PDF): This letter of recommendation form is used to accompany the professor's evaluation of the applicant and can be downloaded online with the applicant's graduate school application. Please use the form and follow the instructions below if you are sending in a hard-copies via US mail, instead of uploading letters online with the application .
- Please sign the Letter of Recommendation form.
- Please check the appropriate box indicating if you do or do not waive your right to see the contents of the recommendation letter.
- Please rank applicant on the chart at the bottom of the recommendation letter form. i.e. Top 1%, Top 5%.
- Please attach a letter of evaluation of the applicants ability to pursue academic graduate study of religion.
- Please sign and send the form and letter to the Graduate Director, University of Kansas Department of Religious Studies, 1300 Oread Ave., 109 Smith Hall, Lawrence, KS 66045-7615.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Patricia Cecil, Archivist and Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-4341.