What to Expect: 2021 in the Moore Reading Room
This page contains information about Moore Reading Room services and resources that will be available during the 2021. [Updated October 7, 2021]
Welcoming You Safely
These modifications have been driven first and foremost by safety protocol in accordance with university recommendations.
The Moore Reading Room has largely resumed normal operations, with a few exceptions:
- As in all campus locations, face coverings will be required.
- Please practice social distancing at study tables and computer workstations.
- In alignment with campus cleaning protocol, our spaces will be disinfected with greater regularity. Please clean tables and computer work stations before and after each use (supplies will be provided).
Additional details about our spaces, resources and support for advancing teaching and research needs are detailed below.
The Moore Reading Room is currently open to patrons. Visit our hours site to learn more about spring operation hours.
You can access our computer workstations.
Computers are available for walk-in use, though capacity has been reduced so that workstations are appropriately spaced to support social distancing. Many popular campus lab software applications are also available remotely via Virtual Lab.
Stacks are open.
patrons may browse stacks for use in the Reading Room and for checkout. KU students, faculty, and staff may also request specific items to be pulled for pick-up through our Retrieve From Shelf process.
You are welcome to enjoy beverages ans snacks as long as social distancing is practiced.
You may bring your own beverages and snacks into the MRR. If you choose to eat or drink in the Reading Room, please do so in a manner that allows for social distancing.
You can access MRR collection materials through a number of channels. Digital resources are readily available. Library stacks are open for browsing, and you can still access items from our collections in a variety of other ways:
- You can request library materials through our Retrieve From Shelf process, then pick them up at the MRR front desk.
- Many books from our collections are temporarily available online through the HathiTrust Digital Library's Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS).
- Please suggest a purchase to inquire about additional online access to resources.
- Returns for materials checked out prior to March 6, 2020 are now being accepted via the front desk, on-site book drop, and mail or delivery service as described in returning library materials.
Course reserves will look different.
Physical course reserves will not be offered during the fall semester; faculty and students should use Watson Library to request and check out digital course reserves.
Research support will be at your fingertips.
MRR staff is available via Zoom or other online methods. Please contact us to arrange a consultation.
If you have feedback, please share that with us here.